Saturday, January 12, 2013

January 1st!

With the start of the New Year, resolutions and goals are the topic of many conversations.  The start of a new year gives me time to reflect over the previous year and set goals of things I would like to accomplish over the coming year.  This past year was filled with exciting ups and downs.  I joined the Gazelles and fell in love with running for the first time.  I was training for my first marathon, and then found out I needed hip surgery as soon as possible.  The rest of my year was filled with physical therapy appointments and cheering for my fellow Gazelles from a distance.  I was blessed by the support of family and friends during my recovery, but itching to get back on the road!

After a long run with the group in December, we decided to run the 5K Commitment run on New Years day as a way to ring in the New Year.  We also decided to complete one race a month this year as a group, and quickly started picking out fun runs!  For me, this year will hopefully be a year where each hill I get to run repeats on, every mile that I complete, and every race I get to laugh through with friends will be a reminder that it is a blessing that I can run.  Running is a gift, and I will try to focus on being thankful for every step that I get to run. 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that this was the first year that you really loved to run! I'm glad that you're enjoying it more now.

    ReplyDelete